Lend a hand. Feed a family.
We cannot do it without you. Volunteers sort donated food, pack specialty food boxes, and help us educate others about what they can do to help fight hunger. Join us and see what a huge difference your time and effort can make.
For information contact Sarah Havey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Individual opportunities include evening packing, Fare for All sales, and outreach/community awareness.
- Group opportunities include food sorting and assembling food packages.
- Seasonal opportunities include Baskets of Hope and Holidazzle Parade participation in November and December, plus opportunities during the Renaissance Festival and our annual Hunger Bash benefit.
- Off-site opportunities include organizing a drive for specific items and then hosting a packing event at your location building kits for food shelves.
- The 29,122 hours donated by volunteers in 2012 equals having 14 full-time staff members.
- All volunteers must fill out an application and sign a waiver, whether volunteering individually or as a group.
Group Volunteer Event
Planning a group activity? We can accommodate groups up to 50 people; please contact us at least one month prior to the date you wish to volunteer. Also please be aware that:
- All volunteers must sign a waiver.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes in the warehouse.
- No one under the age of 12 can volunteer in the warehouse.
- Groups consisting of youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied by chaperones. We require 1 adult for every 10 youth.